If you have moved from typewriters and facsimile to computers and emails, you have come a long way in office automation, but you aren’t there just yet! Not if your office still runs its approvals over paper, from desk to desk, not if it takes weeks to start working collaboratively across your dispersed teams. You just got down the bus mid-way through your office automation journey.
Why would you limit office automation to word processing, accounting and setting up calendar invites, when every repetitive and routine task can be automated?Office automation systems add efficiency to daily office jobs, regardless of the departments and designations. To get the most out of office automation, you need to look beyond just emails and document processing. Here are 5 aspects to look out for while choosing your office automation solution.
1. Designing operational flow: When you pick an office automation system, take a good look at it, does it read “create processes just as you want” anywhere? An automation system shouldn’t determine the flow of operations, instead, it should aid you in refining the operational flow. Look for a system that lets you design workflows just as it suits your office.
2. Defining access controls:You’d have access privileges at your office and so would every other member of the organisation. Access privileges are critical to every operation. Look for an office automation system that permits defining access privileges along the flow of operations.
3. Setting up approval-strapped workflows:Is it even possible to complete processes without an approval? Everyday numerous processes go through cycles of approvals, it is imperative to have an office automation system which allows you to create structured approval process along the lines of your business’s operations.
4. Access anytime, anywhere:So you have an office automation system in place and the approver isn’t anywhere around. You can choose to wait and stall the flow of operations or choose a cloud based office automation system that would allow the approver to access it from anywhere at any time. Go cloud.
5. Integrate with existing solutions:Your office automation system need not necessarily be ‘yet another software used in the organisation’. By opting for an office automation solution that integrates with the software tools used in the organisation, you can save yourself the pain of manually transferring data from one system to another. Manage your office accounts, payroll and leave management systems, all at one place.
Workflows have been used widely to automate Human Resources, Finance and Administrative processes across various industries. The ease in assigning tasks; tracking their progress down to completion and generating reports of each transaction, makes office automation over workflows a must have at every organisation. If you are looking for an office automation system that holds the above mentioned characteristics, KiSSFLOW is what you need!