You ever catch yourself copying and pasting fields from one web service to another? Or maybe uploading a file in multiple places?
Zapier can help you eliminate all those pesky tasks your web services don't support.
So how exactly does all this stuff work?
Zapier lets you create connections that will push data from one web service to another using triggers and actions.
These connections of integrations are called "Zaps." Here's some definitions that might help:
- Zap: Zaps are the connection between two services made up of a single trigger and a single action.
- Trigger: The first part of a Zap. The trigger might be something like "A New Email in Gmail" or "A New Payment in PayPal."
- Action: An action is the second part of a Zap. An action is what happens when a trigger occurs. An action might be something like "Create a Contact in Highrise" or "Send an email to the accounting department."
- Task: A task is each automation Zapier does for you. So if you have a Zap that sends an email for each new PayPal sale, then each email that is sent is a task.
- Syncing Interval: Zaps operate automatically based on a syncing interval. For the free and basic plans this is every 15 minutes. For the business plans this is every 5 minutes.
- Premium/Standard Service: Some services are more powerful, have more functionality, and are more valuable to customers. These services are premium services. Premium services are available exclusively on basic plans and higher.
- Live/Paused/Unfinished: A Zap can be live, paused or unfinished. Live Zaps are zaps that Zapier is actively monitoring for triggers. Paused Zaps are completed zaps, but are not currently being monitored. Unfinished Zaps are zaps that you start creating, but still need some data to finish. Zaps can easily be toggled from live to paused and vice-versa.
- Filters: Any Zap can be filtered based on the fields provided via the triggers API. So for Gmail emails you might only want to trigger on emails from invoicing. You can use filters to trigger for only those emails.
If you have questions, just respond to this email. If you're ready to get started, check out some of the handy links for creating Zaps to power your business and personal life below.